Did you ever do something as a mother that later was harshly criticized? Surely … many! And sometimes we mothers seem to enter into war between us, although in reality we only want to defend our position. But do you know what is the most criticized of mothers?
Discover the 16 reviews to the mothers that we usually hear , the most common (although there are probably many more).
These are the 16 criticisms of mothers that you have heard more than once
That if you have not been involved enough in the education of your son , that if you did not insist enough with breastfeeding, that if you should not take the baby sitting so small, what if … How many criticisms have you received or heard throughout your motherhood? Surely you lack the fingers of the hands to count them. Here we collect some of them. Most will surely sound to you:
1. ‘You have not insisted enough on breastfeeding’: How many mothers will not have had to ‘endure the downpour’ of other mothers who succeeded in breastfeeding? They do not usually ask what happened and tend to think that everything was for comfort or lack of insistence.
2. ‘You should have helped your child crawl’: Many babies do not crawl, and it’s not because their parents have not insisted or They have not helped him do it. And while crawling is very good for the development of the baby, those who do not get it are no less intelligent. There is no reason to criticize a mother or a father because his son does not crawl.
3. ‘Do not scold him enough’: There are always parents in favor of severe education, and they do not usually see with good eyes parents who choose a model of positive discipline . The latter often hear comments similar to this one very often. At other times the phrase is addressed to overly permissive parents. Yes, they may be right to warn of the error of not imposing limits and norms, but it should never come in the form of criticism, but of advice.
4. ‘Do not you still feed him other things?’: Surely you have received many criticisms with the issue of food. Whether it is too early to introduce cereals, or too late to start mixed feeding … Everyone seems to know what to do. Undoubtedly, a criticism widespread among mothers’ circles.
5. ‘So much arm … you’re going to spoil it!’: This criticism tends to be more common from older generations to younger ones. Still many mothers still think that you do not have to hold the baby when it cries because … It is bad!
6. ‘And why is not your child still going to daycare?’: The subject of schooling also tends to be the focus of constant criticism. Parents choose when to take their child to school, and it is a very personal decision that we must respect.
7. ‘You’re never at home. Poor little … ‘: Life so stressful that we mothers today, makes us spend less time with them. Yes to the feeling of guilt we add this type of criticism … the result will be a tremendous blow to the mother.
8. ‘Leave work and dedicate yourself to your son’: Very typical of previous generations, since most mothers were housewives and lived on a single salary. But life changes, although we continue to hear this criticism.
9. ‘Did you really have your son at home? You put him in danger! ‘: There are mothers who support the natural childbirth at home , and although it entails risks, it is a personal decision that the rest of mothers must respect.
10. ‘That your son does not go to school? What do you learn at home? ‘: The new trend of ‘school at home’ ( homeschooling ) puts on the warpath many mothers who see this option with horror. But remember that the education of children is the decision of the parents and any position deserves your respect.
11. ‘What did you breastfeed until 2 years old? That awful!’: Just as mothers who could not breastfeed their child feel criticized, those who bet on breastfeeding until 2 and 3 years, are described as ‘unnatural’. Let’s stop criticizing ourselves among mothers for these reasons.
12. ‘You have the baby all day with your caregiver. It looks like his mother … ‘: Nobody should get involved in the organization and life of other mothers, who try to do everything possible to reconcile work and family life. Each family is a world and there are more absorbing jobs.
13. ‘Pregnant and still running? You put the baby in danger! ‘: There are sports that are discouraged During pregnancy, But every pregnancy is a world and every pregnant woman knows exactly what she can or can not do.
14. ‘What do you do with your child? He will never leave your room ‘: Another one of the great critics has to do with the autonomy of the children, and the mothers take many critics especially in the subject of the co-sleeping While there are supporters, many other mothers see it as a sacrifice of the couple against the demands of the child. You can defend your arguments but remember, without criticizing the mother who bets on the contrary arguments.
15. ‘You’re never busy enough not to make a good meal. Do not worry about feeding your child ‘: What mother does not think on the subject of food? If you give too many carbohydrates, if you are going to get fat … Without doubt, another of the great criticisms among mothers.
16. ‘Look, let him play with his cell phone … if he’s too small!’: We are becoming increasingly aware of the damage that screens do to children, and many parents raise the alarm when they see other parents using their cell phones, telephones or tablets to keep the child calm. Faced with the ‘critical’ position, we should argue our position, giving other parents the freedom to decide what they want for their child.
cpsu – Parenting Tricks