Respons (H) ability = Ability to respond. Are we aware of this meaning and how can we transmit it to children? How can we make our children be responsible ?
Responsibility is one of those values that we must teach our children from childhood. Above all, because it will be a very beneficial value for them. Do you want to know how to make your child more responsible in everything he does? We give you a series of guidelines to educate children about responsibility.
8 important guidelines for educating children in responsibility
The proverb says ‘if I do not do it for myself, who will?’ And it is that sometimes, assume The responsability It is only possible if you do it yourself. And in this, we also have to train our children.
Pay attention, because I’m going to give you 8 keys to make your child more responsible:
1. Do not be afraid to set limits. First of all, learn to manage your fear, since from there you will surely be doing more than one thing, and from there it is not the place. Think about it, what are you afraid of if you put limits on it? What are you afraid of if you say NO ? What are you afraid of if you take the opposite? What are you afraid of if you think of yourself before them? Etc…
2. Make the rules clear. Elaborate with them a set of rules that are clear and concise. And the consequences of not fulfilling them.
3. Let them little by little, assume their responsibilities. Do not try to remind them what they have to do or what they are responsible for. Once it is good for them to know what they have to do, and of course, the consequences that not doing so will bring (do not avoid the consequences). Show them the advantages of being responsible.
4. Educate by example. Explain the importance of being responsible and above all, educate with your example. Remember to show him that you are responsible for your things.
5. Give them confidence. Support them with self-confidence (for that, see how you are [email protected] , as I said before, the example is the best way to educate).
6. Do not invade your personal space. Allow them to have some privacy margin.
7. Use positive reinforcers and praise their achievements. Try to stimulate achievements with positive comments.
8. Teach them to make decisions (As before, with your example it will be easier, but they learn, do not make decisions for them, start with the simplest and easiest decisions and when they do, reinforce them with your positive language). To talk to them with positive language, you have to check what your inner language is like, because if not you are positive or positive with you, you will not be with them.
Do not try to take all these things from this list at once, choose one and, start. But as I say, first you!! … remember you, to be able to give them the example you want to see in them. And then, I’ll accompany them to take responsibility.
cpsu – Parenting Tricks