The first months after childbirth are exhausting. More than exhausting … strenuous! And it is not only because of the physical exhaustion of childbirth, nor because of the change in life that the arrival of the baby brings home.
The first months you get away (literally) for your son. Not only in terms of food and basic care. You give yourself completely. But it is the instinct (which is very wise) that is aware of how important it is for the baby those first days. Specifically, its first 1000 days. And they say the maximum representatives in the matter of health and infantile education. We explain why the first 1000 days of your child’s life are so important.
Discover why your child’s first 1000 days of life are so important
An exhaustive study collected by UNICEF reveals amazing facts: the first 1000 days of a baby are crucial and will mark his life forever. In fact, 40% of the adult’s mental abilities were formed in those early years . It sounds amazing, right? A thousand days is about 3 years of life. From there you can say that your child stops being a baby and goes up an important step in their growth and maturation.
But those first 3 years, those first 1000 days of life, will have a tremendous impact at a cognitive and personal development level . It mainly affects these areas:
– Cognitive development. During the first 1000 days of life, the size of the brain doubles. It is the time of greatest activity and brain development of all life. A moment in which basic concepts are recognized and related. Food has a lot to do, but also the environment of the baby and the experiences that live, which will leave a mark forever.
– Speech development During the first years of life, assimilates and decodes the language . Would you be able to learn a language perfectly in three years? Difficult, right? But the baby is able to learn not only one but several languages at the same time in its first 1000 days of life. It is much easier if you encourage him by constantly listening to the language. For a child to learn to speak you have to talk a lot, and also see you, observe the mouth and lips, as it will be fixed in the movement of the mouth to articulate words. At 6 months, the baby recognizes a large number of words from his mother tongue. The most normal thing is that first try to repeat syllables. Later, words. Your vocabulary will increase progressively, until you feel able to join words and try to form simple sentences. At 3 years old, he will be able to have conversations with adults, but he will have to continue perfecting the language until he is 5-6 years old.
– Motor development The baby’s first three years seem like an upward achievement marathon. The baby manages to hold the head, focus on objects, move arms, coordinate movements, turn around, drag the body, coordinate arms, legs and head to crawl , stand up, throw objects, grab objects, walk, jump, swing, maintain balance … Incredible!
– Emotional development. The bond with the family and people close to the baby is very important to guarantee good emotional health, which helps to build a strong personality, with good self-esteem and trust. Remember that the personality begins to form at this stage. A baby can become aware of who he is and how important it is to others thanks to the bond of love with his parents. This will give him a strong self-esteem that will be key in the future development of all his abilities.
– Development of social skills. The television, tablet and mobile phones entertain the child, but they can never help him develop social skills, that they will only learn by living and interacting with other people. Interaction with people is vital in these first years of life, and will carry the baby good resources to relate to in its next stage.
The UNICEF study pays special attention to the importance in these first 1000 days of the emotional bond. The babies that receive more affection during this stage, present when growing much fewer problems than the babies who lived with less affective bond. In fact, it has been shown that children who grow up during those first 1000 days of life in a dysfunctional home, Violent, troubled and aggressive, they present severe health and behavioral problems as they grow up. Without a doubt, love is a good food during the first 1000 days of your child’s life, but undoubtedly it is during all his life.
cpsu – Parenting Tricks